It is our conviction that the combination between these two interactive components will contribute to sustainable development of the African Society to become what they were called for – to be a blessing to the world! Through close interaction between the Co-operative and Development Trust we are contributing to projects and programs within a variety of business sectors.
Touching Africa is a KINGDOM FOCUSED, non-profit organization that primarily aims to make a difference and “touch” the African society. The VISION of Touching Africa is to contribute to sustainable growth and development in AFRICA to ultimately realize the full potential and calling of Africa on a global scale. Touching Africa is founded on vision-based business, project development and relationship-based networking.
Touching Africa is founded on vision-based business, project development and relationship-based networking. Touching Africa’s focus is on making a difference and “touching” the African society. All that we are today has been growing since 1987 within relationship-based business, where a few individuals were convicted about a Kingdom lifestyle and business character. Around the year 2000, Touching Africa evolved into a small group of businesses. The Touching Africa Development Trust (TADT) was established in 2010 as a “social vision instrument” that facilitates the development of projects having a positive impact on society and the hearts of people.
During this time, we also embarked on a journey to develop a broader network and association of people, organizations, institutions and social and corporative enterprises.
As the association developed, the vision remained the same: To “touch” Africa, to be an “alternative society” and to manifest the “Kingdom of God” that will impact generations to come. Touching Africa experienced monumental growth during the past 5 years in the following ways:
- Growth in associates and network partners.
- A sound institutional framework was established.
- Opportunities to work together and touch the community of Africa have developed and increased.
Today our story includes many changed lives as a result of:
- People working together.
- People being trained and establishing small businesses through our training programs.
- Contributing to the development of agricultural activities, tourism, conservation activities, schools and other facilities.
- Projects implemented to supply water and other services to communities.
Additionally, we have built vision and passion, motivating many to make a difference through various conferences, leadership training, workshops and award ceremonies throughout the years. The detail of most of these stories is captured on a monthly basis, published in the Touching Africa Gazette (TAG) available on this website. We invite you to read our stories, share in our dreams and participate to make a difference by “touching Africa”.
Vision and Mission of Touching Africa
- Defined non-profit social enterprise structures to ensure sound management ofsustainable development projects.
- A network of individuals, corporate- and social enterprises that agree to work individuallyaccording to the defined Operating Principles and the spirit of Touching Africa, making adifference by “touching” Africa through our businesses, actions and lifestyle.
- The Touching Africa Development Trust (TADT) operates as a trust to manage funds to the benefit of the African Community in the broadest sense of the word. It is overseen by a board of trustees.
- The Touching Africa Development Non-Profit Company (TAD-NPC) operate as a company with no profit and personal gain. It operates to benefit specific defined participants, communities, projects and services. It is also overseen by a board of directors.
- The Touching Africa Cooperation (TAC) consist of a network of visionary individuals, corporate to social enterprises, now invited to become members of the TAC.
Highlights and Projects
We are living in a broken society, shaped by hidden agendas and own interests, resulting in separation, differences in culture and socio-economic models, classes and groups, with own kingdoms on the one hand and poverty on the other.
Dolomite is such a diverse rock! It is an exceptional aquifer for groundwater supply (which we often explore), a superior construction material (for aggregate and cement), a playground for tourism due to the beauty of its natural habitat, but, also the host of karst landscapes with sinkholes and subsidences.
The collaboration between different businesses in the Touching Africa Association has led to an exciting new training and skills development opportunity.
Words have power. They have the power to unite or divide, heal or hurt. Heartlines is pioneering a national campaign “What’s your Story”? An initiative that uses personal storytelling to build understanding and trust.