The Touching Africa dream is founded on a conviction that we have a mandate to make a positive difference to society through the love of God. We regard our contribution as part of the bigger unity within the body of Christ in action, giving expression to the Kingdom of God in all brokenness and humbleness. We believe that a changed society is possible, based on changed mindsets that start in our own hearts, families, organisations, businesses, and communities.
Flowing from the vision, mission, and conviction, Touching Africa is committed to the following Operation Principles on all levels:
- We undertake to “seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness” in all aspects of our activities and in life, partaking in the bigger plan of God by giving expression to the Corporate Body of Christ in our society.
- We adhere to the ethical code for businesses as defined by the Unashamedly Ethical Agreement – to conduct, manage, and administrate all actions with integrity.
- We commit to the principles of sustainability to meet the needs of the present without compromising resources for future generations.
- We advocate a holistic approach during all development to ensure an integrated intervention to the benefit of the African community.
- We value the power of unity in vision and unlock the treasure of the rich diversity in our midst through effective integration and cooperation.
- We value the discovery of purpose in people’s lives and acknowledge the resulting passion as a driving force to accomplish God’s plan on earth.
- We honour small beginnings within the understanding of the bigger picture.
- We cultivate an open mindset to have a cross-cultural approach within the diverse community of Africa.
- We acknowledge the importance of the end-user in all services rendered. The focus is not on getting a project, but on the end-user reaping the benefits of the project.
- Our project actions will be shaped by the recognition that ownership must be taken by project beneficiaries to ensure sustainability.