Corporate and Business Services to the Network
The Touching Africa Corporate and Business Services (C&BS) Co-operative is responsible to develop SERVICES for the Touching Africa Network. The following SERVICES are in place:
Vision-based Business Leadership Training with emphasis on “fatherhood development of fathers” to capacitate leaders to lead their organisations.
Business growth opportunities and connecting services rendered by members as services required by members. This lead to participation in projects, marketing of services and opportunities, and exposure to each other as members of the network.
The structuring and management of funds:
- The structuring of donations which support the Touching Africa vision (vision-based contributions), heart giving (philanthropic-based contributions) or contributions to address specific identified needs or projects as section 18A tax-deductible and incentive donations.
- The structuring of funds contributing to Black Supplier and Enterprise Development as well as Socio-Economic Development to adhere to Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment compliance requirements (BBBEE).
- The structuring of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds and project development in compliance with the Mining Charter, or to address specific needs without direct benefit to the contributor. This also includes self-regulated CSR as well as Corporate Social Investment (CSI) funding and project development to give expression to social accountability or improve the lot of others without direct self-benefit.
- Assistance with private investment opportunities built into vision-based projects and business development where funding takes place within a safe environment with a return on investment.
- The management of public funds and private financial grants allocated to facilitate specific goals or incentivised performance, aimed at specific effective, sustainable and market-related applications within a vision-driven, responsible ethos-based framework of integrity.
Project Management Services include identifying, developing, obtaining funding and implementing projects.
Close cooperation between the Generational Inheritance Group (GIG) Cooperative Bank and the Touching Africa Development Trust leads to the establishment of a tailor-shaped portfolio of financial services and cooperative banking facilities available to members of the Touching Africa network.
The Touching Africa GIG Cooperative Bank is co-operative owned by all the members having one vote per member, regardless the financial value of participation. Own products can be created within the legal framework of a co-operative bank and as defined and required by the members. Specific tailor shaped products are therefore created within the Touching Africa Portfolio on the bank platform. It is a non-transactional bank with a focus on savings and loans with a proven record over a decade and under management of a competent team and a board with well-established depth.
The following Touching Africa GIG Cooperative Bank products are available: