We are now in the process of developing the Touching Africa Cooperative UNIT, consisting of several co-operatives that represent specific services available in Touching Africa. This unit will play a major role in the future development programs funded by the expected surplus in the Touching Africa Co-operative Bank (TACB). 3 Touching Africa Co-operatives ~ By Tiaan Liebenberg ~ These co-operatives, as summarised in the figure above, represent a structured network with a shared vision to make a difference in the African society.
Each co-operative has its own application and specialist field of operation, reflecting the diverse nature of all the different companies, organisations, entities and individuals that support the Touching Africa Initiatives and eventually the TACB. The establishment of the co-operatives is almost completed, rendering a framework for the functionality of the proposed TACB.
1. Touching Africa Integrated Development Services Cooperative
2. The Touching Africa Tourism Cooperative
3. The Touching Africa Agricultural Services Co-operative
4.The Touching Africa Community and Social Development Services
5. The Touching Africa Corporate and Business Services Co-operative
The Touching Africa Corporate and Business Services Co-operative (TA-CBS Co-op) consists of various Touching Africa Associates rendering corporate and business services.
Through the TA-CBS Co-op, these services are now available to all Touching Africa Associates. The TACBS Co-op will also provide support to Touching Africa related projects by offering effective corporate services within the framework of Kingdom principles.This co-operative will deliver legal services, business institutional services, fiduciary services, strategic business development and corporate solutions to new and existing businesses.
6. The Touching Africa Training and Education Services Co-operative
The Touching Africa Training and Education Services Co-operative (TATED Co-op) represents Touching Africa Associates operating in the training and education service sector. These training services include, amongst others:
· A diverse range of specialist training, aimed at transferring skills and knowledge on a structured basis from one associate to another, when needed. This will be based on needs and skills audits within the ranks of the Touching Africa Associates.
· Social development programs including basic training in reading, writing, social skills and skills development for the unemployed.
· Governmental based packages and services.
· Faith-conviction based training and workshops.
7. The Touching Africa Enterprise Development Co-operative
Although corporate and business services, as well as training and education, are included in other Touching Africa co-operative’s services, the Touching Africa Enterprise Development Co-operative (TAED Co-op) will specifically focus on the identification, establishment and development of enterprises within the Touching Africa framework. It will build on the existing Black Enterprise Empowerment Program (BEEP) that has been a part of Touching Africa for years. This co-operative will encompass enterprise-, changeand conflict management, leadership development and business ethics.